Congratulations to the 12 finalists from the End Plastic Waste Innovation Platform in Singapore!
The 12 startups are from Singapore, India, Indonesia, and Australia. These startups are providing unique business models and solutions to the regional industry - tapping on focus areas such as plastic waste management, recycling technologies and value recreation of recycled plastics.
Find out how these start-ups are innovating to end plastic waste with future-forward solutions, propelling us toward a circular economy! 👇
1. Aegis Packaging - More than a packaging film manufacturer, Aegis will become a future global leader in manufacturing regenerative high barrier coating for flexible packaging.
2. AlterPacks - We are creating a new material from food waste to replace plastics.
3. AntePlastics - AntePlastics is looking to tackle the world's plastic waste problems with their innovative molecular recycling method that is greener, faster, more efficient and more affordable than any other plastic recycling technology.
4. Ecovia - India’s first Packaging-as-a-service company that helps e-commerce players switch to reusable, returnable packaging.
5. Karo Sambhav - Karo Sambhav collaborates with enterprises and enables them to close their material loops by designing and implementing transformative Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) programmes. Our ventures are focused on - Waste from Electronics (E-Waste), Plastics Waste, Batteries Waste & Glass Waste.
6. Rebricks Indonesia - Rebricks Indonesia recycles multi-layered plastic waste into building materials with an eco-friendly production process.
7. Recircle - With consumers, government & businesses, we divert waste away from landfills and oceans, back into the economy to be recycled, reused or repurposed.
8. RecycleSmart - Uber for Waste
9. RecycleX - 100% recycled, sustainable and Innovative construction products
10. Ricron Panels - A family-run, recycling business that converts low-value plastic waste into quality sustainable materials for furniture, building and construction applications
11. Vinglabs - AI Based Waste segregation/sorting and Value recovery through affordable Robotic solutions for Centralized as well as Decentralized waste management.
12. Waste Labs - Waste Labs uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and data to optimise waste collection and enable circular products for sustainable supply chains. Our clients are top-tier waste management companies in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and the UK.
To know more about our End Plastic Waste program in Singapore, click here.
#BatchAnnouncements #Sustainability #EndPlasticWaste
About the Alliance to End Plastic Waste
The Alliance to End Plastic Waste is an international non-profit partnering with government, environmental and economic development NGOs and communities around the world to address the challenge to end plastic waste in the environment. Through programmes and partnerships, the Alliance focuses on solutions in four strategic areas: infrastructure, innovation, education and engagement, and clean up. As of August 2020, the Alliance has nearly 50 member companies and supporters representing global companies and organisations across the plastic value chain.
For more information, visit: www.endplasticwaste.org
About Plug and Play Plug and Play is a global innovation platform. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we have built accelerator programs, corporate innovation services, and an in-house VC to make technological advancement progress faster than ever before. Since inception in 2006, our programs have expanded worldwide to include a presence in over 30 locations globally giving startups the necessary resources to succeed in Silicon Valley and beyond. With over 30,000 startups and 400 official corporate partners, we have created the ultimate startup ecosystem in many industries. Companies in our community have raised over $9 billion in funding, with successful portfolio exits including Danger, Rappi, Dropbox, Lending Club and PayPal. For more information, reach out to us here!