Congratulations to the 11 startup companies that have been selected into the batch of Plug and Play Smart Cities Accelerator Program in the Asia Pacific region!
We are excited to be working with this cohort who are pioneering innovative business solutions to global corporations in the realm of Smart Cities technology including: Hydrogen, Sustainability, Blockchain, Food & Beverages, Retail and Health.
Over the course of three months, cohort startups will have an opportunity to benefit from comprehensive training, educational workshops, mentorship, fundraising and pitching opportunities to the global network of Plug and Play corporations, VCs, government, fellow founders and innovators.
The startups were evaluated and selected by Filinvest Development Group, Aboitiz Power, Charoen Pokphand Group, ThaiOil, Bangchak and Bangkok Dusit Medical Services, our key partners of Plug and Play APAC Smart Cities Accelerator Program, the key hub for Plug and Play Smart Cities Program in the Asia Pacific region. Cohort startups are from Thailand, The Philippines, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Denmark,Germany, Australia and the United States of America.
11 companies joining the Smart Cities Program in the Asia Pacific region include:
1. Advanced-Ionics developing green hydrogen for heavy industry, without the green premium. They create breakthrough electrolyzers specifically for hydrogen use in heavy industry.
2. AST Limited embed recycled plastic hollow spheres in floor slabs of buildings to realize a circular economy in construction and for local plastic waste.
3. Craste building sustainable packaging and furniture from crop waste.
4. CRDC Global works globally using a patented process that converts all plastic waste types into a high performance concrete admixture called RESIN8. Additionally, RESIN8 absorbs CO2 emission and adds strength and other important physical properties to both structural and non structural cement products.
5. DigiShares Tokenizing Real World Assets. It is the representation of securities as tokens on the blockchain, to support processes related to issuance, corporate management, and trading.
6. Enapter an award-winning energy technology company producing highly efficient hydrogen generators to replace fossil fuels. Its patented and proven Anion Exchange Membrane (AEM) technology allows for the mass production of low-cost, plug-&-play electrolysers for green hydrogen at any scale. The modular systems are used in 44 countries in sectors like energy, mobility, industry, heating and telecommunications.
7. Fortuna Cools makes packaging and consumer products from coconut husk waste, replacing low-grade plastics with nature's best insulation.
8. Mosaic Solutions is the key ingredient for F&B businesses - providing a fully integrated Restaurant OS to help clients take control of their operations.
9. Planet Ark Power (eleXsys Energy) the master licensee for the eleXsys technology in Australia. The eleXsys AI software and IoT technology makes global decarbonization of the distribution electricity grid financeable by pension funds. The eleXsys tech increases the grid hosting capacity for more rooftop solar by up to 13 times at no CAPEX cost to the grid.
10. Saltech Design Labs Pvt. Ltd. transforming waste & building sustainable infrastructure. It transforms mix single use plastics and industrial waste into polymer composite building materials with high performance properties at affordable price.
11. Telemedica Co., Ltd. (OOCA) an online mental health platform that provides anonymous counseling services via video calls with mental health professionals (both psychiatrists and psychologists).
To find out more about our Smart Cities program in Thailand, click here.
About Plug and Play
Plug and Play is a global innovation platform. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we have built accelerator programs, corporate innovation services, and an in-house VC to make technological advancement progress faster than ever before. Since inception in 2006, our programs have expanded worldwide to include a presence in over 30 locations globally giving startups the necessary resources to succeed in Silicon Valley and beyond. With over 30,000 startups and 400 official corporate partners, we have created the ultimate startup ecosystem in many industries. Companies in our community have raised over $9 billion in funding, with successful portfolio exits including Danger, Rappi, Dropbox, Lending Club and PayPal.
For more information, reach out to us here!